Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

bread

The bread is done, and it is perfect.

If you'll recall, I introduced my pre-ferment here, and the recipe may be found here. There is something about doing things the 'difficult' or 'long' way that makes them more special, isn't there? This bread could taste just like something from a bread machine, but I love it so much more because I started it on a Sunday, thought about and worked on it all day Monday, and pulled it out of the oven Monday evening. Of course it gives me more pleasure than a bread-machine loaf might.

I could never make my process look so beautiful as this movie, so you may watch it here to get into the proper bread-making spirit.

the art of making bread from tiger in a jar on Vimeo.


There, are you feeling the bread-making spirit? You want to go make a loaf now too, don't you?

Here are my finished loaves. They are beautiful and perfect. I love them.

I need to bake bread more often.






2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS, Dana. Gorgeous!

    And especially this: but I love it so much more because I started it on a Sunday, thought about and worked on it all day Monday, and pulled it out of the oven Monday evening. This is at the root of SO many things that are more fulfilling than I expect--the process of thinking deeply about them and obsessing a little bit and daydreaming and resisting the urge to rush.

    I'll say it again: Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim! Your comment means so much...thank you for popping over here to brighten my day. :)

    You are so right - thinking, obsessing, and daydreaming can create something wonderful, can't they?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...