Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Too many onions = a crazy pizza

I bought a five-pound bag of onions. I'm really not sure why. I only use onions on occasion, and even then I only use about half an onion at a time. I had no need for seven organic onions that would sit in my warm kitchen and spoil before I needed to use them.

Rather than watch them all slowly perish, I decided to try out a recipe for onion tart in the Healthy Hedonist (I love this cookbook).

A bit of dough, some onions, green peppers, olives, and goat cheese. Made for a pretty lovely dinner. I only ate one piece, so I cut the pizza into pieces, froze them individually, and then stacked them in a plastic bag in the freezer. Now I can just pull a piece out and heat it in the toaster oven whenever I need a quick dinner. Yum!











The goat cheese makes the meal.... which is true in many, many instances.

Dessert
I am thankful to live so close to Florida. Strawberries have been on sale for a week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...