Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A birthday gift.... to myself

I am going to Russia, boarding a train, and riding it through Mongolia and to Beijing. This is my 30th birthday gift to myself, and I am going solo.

If I told you that whenever I think of this trip I get chills, would you believe me? If I told you that I was smiling like a goon walking from the metro stop to my front door today, would you believe it?

Well, so it is. I always imagined myself with wee babes at this age, a toddler on my hip and a baby in my arms. But if, when I turn 30, I have not children on my hip but adventure in my heart, then I shall still consider myself lucky.

Maybe things really do happen for a reason. I am so ready to get on that train by myself and greet the other side of the world. "Hello world!!!" I almost want to scream. None of this would be happening if life went according to my initial plan.

And how thankful I am, that things are unfolding not according to my plan, but to Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...