Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

this is thursday night

As you may know, I've been looking to join a yoga studio. My flexibility is right up there with a 2x4, and for my overall health and well-being I hope to change that. In addition to the flexibility/physical factor, I am pulled towards the introspective nature of yoga.

Last night I found a Meetup for a free yoga class (tonight at 7pm), and coincidentally also found a Groupon for one month of unlimited yoga at the same place. Coincidence? Even though I just used that exact word to describe it, I think not. I signed up for the Meetup and bought the Groupon ($35). I'm so in.

If you think the most unbelievable part of this post is over, think again. Tom accompanied me to yoga tonight for his first ever yoga class. If you know Tom, you'll know this was no minor deal. Meat eating, beer drinking, meditation-shunning Tom most definitely put his all into child's pose, breathing deep and reaching tall tonight.


And lest he felt that an hour and a half of yoga compromised his Tom-ness, he made a sharp right into Publix on the ride home to pick up a six-pack. When we got home, he cracked a beer and threw some meat on the grill. No side dishes to placate his lady. No salad, vegetables, or even rice. Two pork chops, one steak, Lawry's seasoned salt and Montreal steak seasoning. For dinner: a plate of meat and a side of beer.

Tom might not want to go back to yoga, and I sure could use some veggies at my next meal, but right now? Right now things feel just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...