Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

turquoise: makes me happy

I start every morning by reading the tiny buddha essay of the day. The articles always seem to apply to my life (funny how that works, huh?), and they give me something to ponder during the day.

A few days ago, I read this article on mindfulness, slowing down, and breath. About halfway down was a suggestion that really struck me - using a color to remind yourself to breathe. 
Heavens, I love this book. Turquoise + Turkey + Cookbook = Yay!
Turquoise is my favorite color. It actually makes me happy - whenever I see it I smile. Never one to believe in 'favorite colors', I always took a pass when people asked me what mine was. But when I wear turquoise I feel good about myself, when I see turquoise I smile, when I buy things I try to make them turquoise.

Source

And after reading this article, I think I'll start to look for it everywhere. Wear more turquoise clothes, buy more turquoise art, take more turquoise pictures.
beachcomber

It is true that color affects our mood - why have I never thought of using that to my advantage?
Source

What color makes you happy?

Key West, 2012

Puerto Rico, 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...