Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

delight (turkish)

As much as I'm trying to keep my mind firmly planted on this continent, it can't help but wander over to the Mediterranean. On Saturday we leave for a vacation to Istanbul and Olympos, Turkey, where we'll be spending some time in the city, some time on the road, and some time in the trees. On the way back we have a 17 hour layover in Paris, and I plan to take full advantage of it. Sigh, that week before vacation is difficult to get through isn't it? But I guess not nearly as difficult as the week after vacation.....

I leave you with a photo of water. This photo draws a line in the sand for me, because before I saw this water and before I took this picture I believed that I didn't have a favorite color. This - far and away - is my new favorite color. And though this photo was taken in Puerto Rico, the color still jumps into my mind whenever I think of a vacation near the water. Who knows, after experiencing the Mediterranean I may just have a new favorite color......

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...