Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

helloooo heat!

First off, this song has been stuck in my head for a week. I was humming it to myself in NYC all last weekend when it was blazing hot, and it fits this DC weekend as well.


And let's all admire the album cover together, shall we?

Today was a scorcher. At it's hottest, the temperature in DC was 104 degrees with a heat index of 112.  Ouch!

But it's Friday, my house is cool, and I can't complain. Fun fact: my AC isn't even on! I expected it to be hot when I got home, but since I'm on the first floor, only have a few windows, and keep my shades drawn, the house is really comfortable. I'm not sure how long I can keep the AC off, but if it isn't hot at 104 degrees, I might be able to make it through the summer AC free.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to turn on the oven to have a weekend bake-fest like I originally planned. No ma'am, my oven and stovetop will remain in the off position for the near future.

So dinner was quick, easy, and cool. Very refreshing as well.

One cucumber, some grape tomatoes, a container of feta and some olive oil. Delish! Also, a glass of chilled white wine in my souvenir Zarkana cup.

                 

Yes, the green plate was not the appropriate choice for photographing this dish....I hope you can still see the magnificence
This dish reminds me of the breakfast that Tom and I had every morning in Turkey. Tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese. We thought it was an odd breakfast at first, but it is so fresh and healthy that it really grows on you.

What do you "cook" when the mercury rises? I need some suggestions, stat!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...