Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

NYC Love

This guy is pretty awesome.


Hates cities, doesn't like traffic or noise. Country boy at heart.

And this weekend, because I wanted to oh-so-badly, he came to New York City with me.

He flew from Atlanta to DC. We took a Chinatown bus from DC to NYC and a Bolt bus from NYC to DC. He walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, navigated the Subway, walked through Times Square (3 times), booked us a room in the middle of it all, walked to Central Park, accompanied me to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, stood silent with me at Ground Zero, stood under scaffolding with me during a rainstorm, waited for 1.5 hours to get to the top of the Empire State Building, survived on five hours of sleep a night, walked everywhere, took me to Cirque du Soleil, and treated me to the most amazing three-course Italian dinner last night.

I know you wanted trees, the beach, or a quiet local bar. I know you wanted to shut out the traffic and the bright lights and just go to sleep. But you didn't complain even once. You treated it like the adventure that it was, and kept a smile on your face.

Thank you Tom, thank you a million times over.

It all meant so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...