Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

lazy dinner

I just returned from DC, and yes, I did survive the marathon. I'll post about that on Wednesday (tomorrow's post is dedicated to a VERY important topic, so please check back).

Even though I love to cook, on this day of recovery I don't really want to do anything that requires me to expend a lot of energy. So if you find yourself low on energy (or time), might I recommend this not-really-homemade dinner.

1. Drive to Trader Joes (or if you're like me, you plan for insanely lazy days and have a bag or two in the freezer).

2. Buy this (located in the frozen food aisle):


3. Dump frozen contents into a pan


4. Cook on medium heat until melted and heated throughout


5. Enjoy, preferably with a glass of wine

There you have it - one of the easiest and most delicious recipes in creation. This dinner won't feed many (the picture above shows about half the bag), so cook on a day when you can either enjoy it in solitude or as a side dish.

Hope you all are having a blessed Monday (wait, is that an oxymoron??). I'm so thankful for your positive marathon thoughts, and I'll give you all the 411 about the trip and the race on Wednesday's post. Until then, I'll be sitting here on the couch, eating gnocchi, drinking wine, and watching movies on netflix. I'm just thankful that Barley had an extremely energetic weekend at doggie daycare, and looks to be as tuckered out as I am.

What about you? Do you have an easy recipe you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...