Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

backyard barbeque

Whats better than grilling out in the backyard on a summer day? Not a whole lot. And when Tom suggested that we grill portabella burgers I replied with an emphatic HES!! (Tom's shortcut term for 'heck yes.') Here's the lineup:

Portabella Mushrooms
I marinated two large portabella mushrooms in creamy caesar dressing, soy sauce, ginger and dried basil. I usually just look for things in the fridge that look yummy and throw them in the bag, so feel free to go wild with your marinade. I marinated them for about an hour because we were short on time, but they become better and better the longer they marinate, but I'd say an hour would be minimum. After grilling them for about 10-15 minutes (depending on how hot your grill is), we put some thick slices of mozzarella cheese on top and let it melt. We grilled them on aluminum foil, but you can make your own best judgement on whether you should do that or not. **Portabella burgers are very versatile. You can think of them as burgers (Tom ate his on a bun) or as a steak (I ate mine with a fork and knife). Either way is delicious!

Tomato Basil Mozzarella Stacks

I also made some tomato basil mozzarella stacks (tomatoes and basil from the garden). Drizzle a little sherry vinegar over the top for some added bliss (balsamic vinegar is best but I didn't have any).

One of my favorite summer delights!!


Grilled Corn
To make the grilled corn, I peeled the husks back (don't take them off!) and removed the silk. After putting some butter, salt and pepper on the ears I covered them again with the husks. I then wrapped the ears in aluminum foil and grilled them for about 30 minutes (turn occasionally).


Oh hellooooo delicious wonder!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...