Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

treehouses

Since I was little - probably since I saw Swiss Family Robinson - I have dreamed of living in a treehouse. I thought it was a silly wish until I realized that many people actually do have treehouses in their backyards. They are personal retreats, artist studios, kids playhouses, and they range from the simple to the complex. In short, I really just hope I'm this guy when I retire. I've already promised myself that someday I will have one in my backyard too, but for now I daydream and I plan.....







A tree house, a free house,
A secret you and me house,
A high up in the leafy branches
Cozy as can be house

A street house, a neat house
Be sure to wipe your feet house
I not my kind of house at all-
Let's go live in a tree house.

Shel Silverstein

1 comment:

  1. A couple of friends and I built a 3 story tree house behind my parents house in our pre/early teen years. We should have a big back yard or plot of land and build our own little retreat. It can be our "Staycation" spot!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...