Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

couscous stuffed bell peppers

I know I recently made Portabella Mushroom Tapenade Stuffed Bell Peppers, but today I decided to stuff my red bell peppers with couscous. I used this recipe as a base, but altered it a little bit.

2 large red bell peppers
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
6 ounces fresh spinach
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
about 2 cups couscous (you will have leftovers)
8oz crumbled feta cheese
5 kalamata olives (these were delicious, and I wish I had added more)


I didn't roast the peppers beforehand like the recipe suggests, I just cooked the spinach in the olive oil and garlic, then added the feta cheese, olives, lemon juice and cooked couscous. Fill the red peppers with this mix and cook ~18 minutes at 350 degrees.

Don't forget how much spinach cooks down!


And then this, just a minute or two later:


These were a last minute decision (and a delicious finishing touch!):


The peppers just after I pulled them out of the oven.


Close up:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...