Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Time to assess where we are, and where we could be

Did you make 2010 goals this year? A list of things you want to change about yourself or improve upon? Its hard to believe that the year is half over now, but it is. So I invite you to take a look at your 2010 goals and see where you stand on them.

I almost never make new years resolutions, because I've always taken a negative slant on them (lose ten pounds, be more organized). But this year I decided to make a list of things I wanted to accomplish, and this really changed my mentality! For the first time, I'm actually excited about my goals, and anxious to do them. I think the trick is to choose things you genuinely want to do (rather than things you don't).

I've pulled out my list that I made back in January to see where I am:

1. Run Marine Corps Marathon (training in process)
2. Create blog and consistently update for at least 30 days (you're looking at it kid!)
3. Make homemade cheese at least once (I'm so embarrassed that I haven't done this one yet. Homemade mozzarella is actually quite easy to make, and I need to do this while tomatos and basil are still in season to make some tomato mozzarella basil stacks).
4. Go on a deployment (I'm set to be deployed to help with the oil spill at the end of August, so almost-check!)
5. Write 100 pages of something (I plan to participate in National Novel Writing Month in November)
6. Do my Spanish Rosetta Stones (another embarrassing one. I can't believe I haven't taken advantage of owning these yet - will do!)
7. Teach Barley to come while called (well, if I hold a piece of bacon in my hand I've got a pretty good success rate...... but other than that, this is nearly a lost cause)
8. Print pictures and make a photo album (I need to got on this one. So nice to have pictures in print form!)
9. Give blood (check!!)

What were your New Year's Resolutions/Goals? How are you doing on them? Any tips to share on how to follow through with your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...