Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

getting in that holiday spirit

It may or may not be snowing where you are. It is snowing where I am, and now I feel fully authorized to be in the holiday spirit. Woo hoo!!

Yesterday we put up our Christmas tree and decorated it. We listened to Christmas music, had festive drinks, and watched a movie all cozy on the couch. And outside the snow was falling. {sigh}

You're probably already in the holiday spirit. In fact, you probably got in the holiday spirit somewhere between turkey and early am shopping. But just in case you are a late-to-the-party gal like me, here are some great ways to enhance your festive mojo.

1. Cheer up your desktop with a cute {free!!} background. I just found this one, and am loving its cute retro simplicity.


howaboutorange.blogspot.com

2. Cinnamon coffee. My sister let me in on this secret when I was in San Fran. Add a few shakes of cinnamon to the grounds in your coffeepot, and then brew as usual. The light cinnamon taste will have you sipping Christmas cheer in no time flat.

photo from thewildernesschilde

3. Take time to recall your memories and make new ones. Write them down. Put them in a jar. {And while I was there getting the link for the jar I saw this truly fantastic idea!}


 
4. If you need festive cheer as well as a good dose of laughter, you might want to buy one of these.... or at leat peruse the website.

Do you have any wonderful ideas for bringing on the holiday cheer?

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's official. We now have the same background image on our computers! It's making me smile every time I look at it. And glad you like the cinnamon coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...