Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reverb Ten Day Sixteen - Friendship

I'm participating in Reverb 10, a fantastic month-long initiative for reflection. Here I will be responding to one prompt every day.

December 16 – Friendship

How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?
I'm tired today, and was tempted to not even post. I went directly from work to home depot to barnes and noble to hobby lobby to REI to home to crafting to..... well, here I am. I am feeling good about my xmas preparations, but my bed is calling my name.

Today's post has to do with friends, and I fear that I am too exhausted to do the topic justice. After all, who would we be without our friends? Mine have saved me, challenged me and comforted me. Most of them live far away, but a few are near and dear. All are close to my heart.

I'm just going to be honest and say that nothing is coming to mind on a way that "a friend has changed my perspective on the world this year." Isn't that sad? Because all of my friends have impacted me and shaped me dearly, and each has impacted my world in her own special way.

I usually read the reverb prompt in the morning and mull it over during the day and then write at night before I go to bed. I read the prompt this morning, but have had no time to mull. I will mull as I fall asleep this evening, mull about my beautiful amazing friends. How lucky I am to have them.....

*I'm going to be making a craft tomorrow that looks amazingly easy and will work great as a gift for coworkers or as the topper to a wrapped present..... or simply as a tree ornament! Check back tomorrow for the deets.

*Maybe its just because I have Christmas on the brain, but when I saw these today I nearly jumped for joy. They will be the perfect tags to accompany my homemade gifts.... Go here for the {free!} download, and don't forget to give the gal some love!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...