Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

travel break

Well its the last day of June, its Wednesday, and I think its about time we take a travel break. In exactly 17 days I'll be heading to Ireland with my family, and I absolutely cannot wait. The cooler temps will be a much-needed break from Hotlanta, and staying in this house is sure to give me the peace and tranquility that I so desire:



Just read this description:

"....watch the sun set over Galway Bay, as the sea is just steps from your door. On a fine day, you will want to reach out and touch the Aran Islands and Connemara, they will seem that close, and the view will take your breath away.

Sound too isolated for you? Don't worry, the village of Doolin is a few short miles away and noted for its traditional music which can be heard in O'Connor's, McGann's, and McDermott's Pubs.

The famous Cliffs of Moher are just a few miles away, and can be seen in the distance from the cottage. Fishing is just off the rocks and the area is known for its underground caves which are a favourite with potholers. Nearby Fanore offers pony trekking."

Potholing? Pony trekking? Cliffs, traditional music and sunsets? Count me in, I can't wait.

Are you going anywhere fantastic this summer??? Please let us know, so that we may all live vicariously through you.

And in case you just need a little food update.....
Remember my post last night about my lackluster risotto? For lunch today I decided to throw in about a quarter cup of sunflower seeds to give it texture, which helped a lot. I think when I get home I'm also going to mix the remaining mint sour cream into the risotto for some extra fun. I'll let you know if this is a big flop or if it becomes my new favorite dish. Also, stay tuned for a post about a dish I started preparing last night.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds so nice. I just moved from Atlanta to NC. I'm going to Myrtle Beach for a little vacation in a couple of weeks, I can't wait. Your recipes below look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Jolie! I really enjoy your blog a lot, and featured your closet library here: http://theblackeyedsusan.blogspot.com/2010/06/inspiration-fit-for-librarian.html Have fun in Myrtle Beach!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...