Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Apples!

This past weekend, we made the short drive up to Ellijay, GA for the Georgia Apple Festival. We got there right when it opened at 9am, so we got to feel some of that cool fall air while we walked around and looked at crafts. By the time we left at 11am it was getting pretty hot, so if you are thinking of going and want an 'authentic autumn' experience as I did, hit this festival up first thing in the morning for that crisp fall feel. Also, though we found a front row parking spot and encountered no traffic, by the time we left people were stuck in traffic jams for miles trying to get up there. Again, I beg plead and implore you to get there early if you want an enjoyable experience.

Great fun was had by all (or at least Tom and I), and we picked up some goodies to boot. Don't be turned off by our phone-quality pictures.

Now then, on to the goods.....


Me and my apples.....


Tom and his apples.....


Look at them apples.....


Ok ok, I'll stop with the apple jokes. Honest....

On to the honey. I felt completely ok in taking a picture of this merchandise, because a) I bought a ton of stuff, and b) I'm clearly not going to bring the pictures home and steal her craft (though it would be really cool to have some bees in the backyard.....)







In all, I walked away with a 1/2 peck of Granny Smith apples, a peck of Rome apples, 6 beeswax votive candles, sourwood honey, and some honey mustard. An unbeatable day!

Stay tuned for a later post about why my house smells amazing right now, and how its tied to my trip to the Georgia Apple Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...