Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

A belt fit for autumn

I had so much fun yesterday making this fun and easy craft. I found it on I Am Momma, and with her very simple tutorial I knew I had to try it out. It really was as simple as she suggested, and I won't go through and post a tutorial since she did such a great job of it on her blog.

Here are my starting supplies:



And my belt all finished:


I wore it with this black and white striped dress because its the only thing I could find that remotely matches the belt, but I want to get a plain colored dress to wear it with at some point.


Here it is up close:

Please ignore that sideways leaf!

This was a really easy craft, and I absolutely love the belt. I wore it to The Ghastly Dreadfuls, a great Halloween show at the Atlanta Center for Puppetry Arts. So fun! If you get the chance to go you should. They don't let anyone under 14 in (it has some more adult themes), so leave the kiddos at home.

Because it's fall and because I love how Cheri's came out, I used a similar color scheme. But I think it would also be pretty using lighter colors for spring or brighter colors for summer. The possibilities are endless!! The tutorial doesn't mention how long she cut her felt strips, but I cut mine to be about 33" and they worked great. I haven't figured out how to tie the belt yet (when I wore it last night I tied it in the back as she suggests), but I'm thinking of fastening velcro to the back so it lies flat along my back.

Best part about this craft: it's insanely cheap! The four felt pieces (an 1/8th of a yard each) were about 70 cents each, and I have a lot left over. I didn't have a glue gun so had to buy that, but if you already have the tools this craft will only set you back a couple of dollars or so.

PS. What's one of the toughest things about this blog? Barley is notorious for jumping into my shots at the last minute.....



4 comments:

  1. Your belt turned out darling, Dana! Thanks so much for sharing this with me and for linking up my tutorial. I really appreciate it. Have a great day!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! I love it! It's perfect for your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Dana! Could you put the flowers at the end of the belt and then put velcro at the other end so there is no seam in the back? Really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a great idea Mom! I already superglued it to the ribbon, but I bet I could rip it off and start with a new piece of ribbon pretty simply. I'll have to look into that....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...